Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Two Images from a Swiss Book


This week we have images from a 1921 edition of Gritli's Children by Johanna Spyri. Johanna Spyri also wrote Heidi. I found this book last week at the flea market along with 6 more wonderful books.   Each one of those books are one hundred years old or more. Make sure to check my other blog Saturday Image Bonus for some color plates from this book.

These images were extremely hard to clean up.  The first one I would clean up and then after saving all the flaws would reappear.  My daughter Michaela cleaned up the second one and she patiently worked on it for a half and hour. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Cora. I used one of your older images for a tag I made this weekend. Here is the link:

    Artistic Sojourns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must have put a ton of work into these! They are really neat--thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing these lovely images and for all of the work that you put into making them usable for everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the images. Please tell your daughter I appreciate the time she put into cleaning up the image. I am thankful for the time you put into it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely images and I especially like the windmill - your time and your daughter's time are so appreciated. Thank you, Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the windmill. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.